We help housebuilders beat the energy ‘performance gap’ and build homes with greatly improved energy performance
Building in energy efficiency with BEPIT
Drawing on four years of onsite research funded by Innovate UK, we’ve developed a practical, affordable and effective approach to ensuring that ‘as built’ matches ‘as designed.’ Average newly built homes exhibit a 50% gap between measured and predicted energy performance.
BEPIT combines detailed but easily understood learning materials with in-depth facilitation by an expert through each stage of your housebuilding project – design, procurement and construction.
- Improved design – fewer buildability clashes on site
- Smoother build – save time spent on snagging
- Enhanced reputation – for building quality homes
What we learned is clear – the performance gap is real and its impact significant. We can help.
The BEPIT approach to reducing the performance gap
In the course of our research we found that the performance gap consists of multiple, minor, and frequently occurring issues spread throughout most elements of a building. But tackling these issues individually brings little return on investment, while approaches that try to deal with the whole problem in a single, central workshop rarely get the commitment needed to achieve long-term change.
Instead, we help you:
- tackle root causes: through our research we developed a set of seven clusters of performance-critical issues to focus on.
- pre-empt problems: we help you mitigate against these issues proactively at each stage of your project: design, procurement and construction.
- get up-front buy-in from developer and project teams: making sure the message comes from the top is key to creating culture change.
- build collaboration among teams: we enable teams to collaborate and communicate with each other to solve minor problems before they turn into major headaches.
Through a combination of focused meetings using our toolkit to educate and help communicate about issues and solutions, we work together with the lead contractor and subcontractors to beat the performance gap on your project.
Our approach involves no additional work for the team, but builds confidence, problem-solving, communication and technical skills – all of which can be carried forward into your next job.
Find out more at www.bepit.org or email email@example.com to make an enquiry.
Read more about our research into the energy performance gap. Our project partners in this research included: A2 Dominion, Loughborough University, Willmott Dixon Energy Services, Silver DCC, PRP Architects. The project was funded by Innovate UK.