One Planet Living® Associate - Ts & Cs
One Planet Living® Associate – Terms and Conditions.
- 1 Background
1.1. Bioregional runs the One Planet Living® initiative. As part of this, Bioregional offer a training programme, and individuals who complete the training and assessment requirements successfully can join Bioregional’s network of One Planet Living® Associates.
1.2. You may only describe yourself as a One Planet Living® Associate once you have successfully completed the Bioregional’s One Planet Living® Associate training and assessment and have paid for the annual subscription.
1.3. These Terms and Conditions govern your responsibilities as a One Planet Living® Associate.
- 2 Definitions
One Planet Living® Associate or Associate means an individual who has passed Bioregional’s assessment and paid an annual subscription.
One Planet Living® or OPL means the One Planet Living® programme of projects developed by Bioregional
Leadership Review means the process whereby Bioregional reviews a One Planet Living® Action Plan.
Leadership recognition means the process whereby Bioregional decides, following a Leadership Review, if a One Planet Living® Action Plan has sufficient ambition and quality to make the project a Leader or Global Leader in using the One Planet Living® framework.
Communications Guidelines means Bioregional’s guidelines on how to use the term One Planet Living and associated iconography. Available to download here.
- 3 Subscription
3.1 Subscription is annual from the date of acceptance of these terms and conditions and every anniversary thereafter.
3.2 This agreement confers on you the right to refer to yourself as a One Planet Living® Associate, in any relevant marketing and communication materials, including but not limited to:
- (a) Email footers
- (b) Curriculum Vitae
- (c) LinkedIn page or equivalent
- (d) In proposals to clients
3.3 The subscription fee needs to be paid on acceptance of the Ts & Cs and on every anniversary thereafter. Bioregional reserves the right to increase the fee. Bioregional will make every effort to provide 2 months’ notice of any future price increases.
3.4 First year subscription is included in the assessment fee.
3.5 Bioregional reserves the right to terminate the subscription if we deem you have not followed these terms and conditions.
3.6 On receiving a termination notification, you shall cease to use the term One Planet Living® Associate in any communications materials immediately.
3.7 When you submit a One Planet Living® Action Plan for Leadership Review and the Leadership Recognition process, the fee will be 10% below the fee listed on the relevant page on Bioregional’s website.
3.8 This agreement does not in any way suggest that Bioregional endorses your work and Bioregional accepts no liability for the consequences of its information, opinions and advice, whether direct or indirect.
- 4 Annual subscription renewal
4.1 Prior to the end of the subscription period, you may reapply by submitting the reapplication form to Bioregional.
4.2 On the form you are required to summarise how you have promoted One Planet Living® in the previous year and kept up to date with the One Planet Living programme.
4.3 Bioregional will interview a percentage of reapplications and you must agree to a short interview if requested.
4.4 If Bioregional is satisfied with the reapplication, the subscription can be extended for a further year on payment of the subscription fee.
4.5 If you do not submit a reapplication form, your subscription will lapse and clause 3.6 will come into force.
- 5 Communications
5.1 Details on conditions of use of One Planet Living® are in the Open Licence. Please ensure you have reviewed and signed this licence.
5.2 When describing One Planet Living® on your website or any other materials please follow the Communications Guidelines, (available to download here) particularly using the following wording:
- (a) Bioregional’s One Planet Living® framework comprises ten easy-to-grasp principles and detailed Goals and Guidance. Together, these provide a clear, practical routemap to plan, deliver and communicate sustainable transformation.
- (b) Bioregional is a non-profit organisation that champions a better, more sustainable way to live
- 6 Responsibilities
Each party commits to the following responsibilities:
6.1 Bioregional commits to growing the One Planet Living® network of projects, partners and Associates, and to continue to run the One Planet Living® training programme. Bioregional will offer support to the Associates, which may include:
- (a) Regular online update and exchange sessions per year that Associates may attend.
- (b) Limited remote support
- (c) Provide up-to-date material to enable the Associate to promote and present on One Planet Living®
6.2 As an Associate you agree to support Bioregional to promote and expand the One Planet Living® network of projects, and the impact of One Planet Living®
6.3 As an Associate you will undertake the following responsibilities:
- (a) Ensure that all clients that are using One Planet Living® have agreed to the One Planet Living® Open Licence and that they follow the Communication Guidelines, (available to download here).
- (b) Actively promote One Planet Living® Leadership Review and Leadership Recognition to relevant clients, with the aim of submitting at least two One Planet Living® Action Plans annually for Leadership Review.
- (c) Actively promote One Planet Living® in general, for example, at speaking events, through your professional service or voluntary work
- (d) Help to promote the One Planet Living® training.
- (e) Remain up to date in One Planet Living® by attending update and exchange sessions, relevant webinars and reviewing the newsletter and website.
- 7 Miscellaneous
7.1 These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom
7.3 We will send you information relating to your subscription (e.g., renewal information, payment method, confirmation messages, notices) in electronic form only, for example via emails to your email address provided during registration.