In 2018, Kingfisher launched its sustainable growth plan. Bioregional led the development of a new set of targets that respond to customer insights research as well as tackle key sustainability issues
Sustainability strategy development
Achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030 and preventing catastrophic climate breakdown will require businesses to go beyond incremental progress and aim for transformative change. Regularly reviewing and refreshing your sustainability strategy to ensure it meets the needs of the future is key to this.
We have significant experience of guiding clients through this process, using our in-depth knowledge of a variety of sustainability frameworks – such as our own One Planet Living framework, the SDGs and the Future Fit Benchmark.
First, we will work with you to do the ground work by:
- Engaging stakeholders to help determine the most material issues that will need to be reflected in your strategy
- Analysing future trends to build insight into new opportunities, consumer trends or risks, and bringing into view future issues that will be material for your business
- Conducting a gap analysis and competitor analysis to create a thorough review of your current activities and what your competitors are doing.
Developing key pillars and goals for your sustainability strategy
Using these insights, we develop high-level pillars and goals for your sustainability strategy.
Strategy development workshops
We present the high-level pillars in a series of one or more workshops, depending on the size or complexity of the organisation. This provides an opportunity to present the pillars, the rationale and research that underpins them. It also gives high-level stakeholders within the business the opportunity to refine language and scope to ensure the pillars are fit for purpose.
We develop a set of overarching goals that align with the new pillars of your sustainability strategy. This will help to set the long-term direction of the contribution your business can make to create a sustainable future.
Tailored action plans
Depending on the level of support you need, we can then work with you to develop detailed action plans that align with the overarching strategy and pillars. This may include:
- Establishing a clear governance structure for your sustainability programme
- Working with each department to identify the contributions they can make towards the overarching goals in the short, medium and long term
- Identifying appropriate indicators for measuring performance.
- Developing targets or identifying potential areas for target setting depending on the level of data available.