In 2018, Kingfisher launched its sustainable growth plan. Bioregional led the development of a new set of targets that respond to customer insights research as well as tackle key sustainability issues
ESG and sustainability strategies
We use our in-depth knowledge to help businesses choose the best sustainability framework for them, whether it is our own One Planet Living framework, the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), or the GRI. We also guide clients to achieve B Corp certification and set science-based targets.
As a charity, we reinvest our profits to create change. Discover our most recent impact review.
Our services include:
First, we will work with you to do the groundwork by:
- Engaging stakeholders to help determine the most material issues that will need to be reflected in your strategy
- Analysing future trends to build insight into new opportunities, consumer trends or risks, and bringing into view future issues that will be material for your business
- Conducting a gap analysis and competitor analysis to create a thorough review of your current activities and what your competitors are doing.
Developing key pillars and goals for your sustainability strategy
Using these insights, we develop high-level pillars and goals for your sustainability strategy.
Strategy development workshops
We present the high-level pillars in a series of one or more workshops, depending on the size or complexity of the organisation. This provides an opportunity to present the pillars, the rationale, and the research that underpins them. It also gives high-level stakeholders within the business the opportunity to refine language and scope to ensure the pillars are fit for purpose.
We develop a set of overarching goals that align with the new pillars of your sustainability strategy. This will help to set the long-term direction of the contribution your business can make to create a sustainable future.
Tailored action plans
Depending on the level of support you need, we can then work with you to develop detailed action plans that align with the overarching strategy and pillars. This may include:
- Establishing a clear governance structure for your sustainability programme
- Working with each department to identify the contributions they can make toward the overarching goals in the short, medium, and long term
- Identifying appropriate indicators for measuring performance
- Developing targets or identifying potential areas for target setting depending on the level of data available.
As one of the world’s premier shopping and leisure destinations, it is essential for London’s West End to sit at the cutting edge of sustainability. Bioregional helped us create a forward-thinking and future-proofed Sustainability Action Plan, in line with climate science and with no greenwash, based on extensive stakeholder engagement and retail market analysis.Lucy Mitchell, Chief Operating Officer, New West End Company
Bioregional’s work on our carbon footprint and sustainability strategy has been critical in building an understanding of our key impacts and how we can reduce them. This support has enabled us to engage our staff and together to begin the next stage of our sustainability journey, supporting our aim to provide more care, for more people.Martin Wildsmith, Director of Retail and Estates, Sue Ryder
Book a call with our experienced Head of Sustainable Business, Sian Cooke for a time that suits you. You're welcome to book a chat even if you're not 100% sure what you're after, or which of our services may be for you.