So far, 1.4m people are living in, visiting and working at organisations, communities and cities that have committed to One Planet Living. It is helping our partners slash their carbon emissions, preserve resources and build stronger communities, from Sonoma County to Southern Africa. For example:
- More than 25 One Planet Living leaders from around the world have now been recognised as achieving the gold standard in sustainable placemaking
- Leading UK retailer B&Q has saved £164m through its One Planet Home programme due to better energy, transport and waste management.
- Singita Serengeti, a wildlife reserve and tourist destination, has reduced its plastic bottle waste by more than 90%
- Geothermal energy at Villages Nature Paris, a pioneering sustainable tourist resort, is providing 100% of its hot water and heat demand - and 30% at neighbouring Disneyland Paris.
- UK business improvement district New West End Company used the framework to frame its ambitious sustainability strategy