One Planet Living Open Licence
Terms and conditions for your licence to use One Planet Living®
One Planet Living is a registered trademark of Bioregional. This licence is an agreement between you and Bioregional.
If you would like to use One Planet Living we ask that you simply:
1. Follow our communications guidelines
Follow our easy to use communications guidelines on how you can talk about One Planet Living and how you can use the associated logos and graphics. At the bottom of this page, you will be able to fill out a form to download the guidelines (which include a link to the artwork). If you have any issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Publish your One Planet Living plan and report progress annually
If you decide to make a One Planet Living plan we encourage you to publish it, ideally on oneplanet.com. By sharing and publicising achievements as well as challenges, we can help build a global community of people and organisations learning from each other and achieving transformational change. If you wish to make public that you are using the One Planet Living framework, you need to publish your One Planet Living plan, ideally oneplanet.com. We ask that you publish reports on progress against your plan at least annually, even if there is not much to report.
Contact details: Please contact Bioregional if you have any questions about this licence. Bioregional Development Group, BedZED Centre, 24, Helios Road, Wallington, Surrey, Greater London, SM6 7BZ, UK. email@example.com +44 020 8404 4880
The legal bit
- Before publicly stating you are using One Planet Living® you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- You acknowledge that One Planet Living® is a work protected by copyright and the One Planet Living® names and logos are protected by trademarks, both unregistered and registered, which are owned by the not-for-profit organisation Bioregional. Together, the One Planet Living® trademarks and One Planet Living® principles are called the “One Planet Living Materials” in the rest of this agreement.
- This agreement gives you permission: (1) to state in any publicity that you are using the One Planet Living® framework and (2) to use the words One Planet Living® in association with any such publicity as a way of promoting your commitment to sustainability, subject to following Bioregional’s easy-to-use communications guidelines, and more specifically, the following terms and conditions:
- You must publish your overall vision, including the outcomes you aim to achieve, when announcing that you are using One Planet Living and/or using any of the “One Planet Living materials”, and you must publish a full plan within three months of doing so, ideally on oneplanet.com. You must also report on your plan at least annually.
- If you have not been recognised by Bioregional as a leader in One Planet Living, you cannot use the “One Planet Living materials” for commercial or marketing purposes.
- You must identify Bioregional as the creator of the “One Planet Living materials”
- You must use the official One Planet Living® logos and associated “One Planet Living materials”
- You must describe One Planet Living, and how you are using it, in keeping with the wording provided in Bioregional’s communications guidelines
- You must not modify the One Planet Living® materials
- You agree not to sub-licence the One Planet Living® materials
- If requested in writing by us, you must remove any of the One Planet Living® materials from any public forum in which you published them, to the fullest extent reasonably practicable.
- You agree that any other arrangements, understandings, or agreements made with Bioregional regarding the One Planet Living® materials that are not stated in this agreement are separate from and independent of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- It is understood by you that the One Planet Living® materials are offered for use by you on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis. We make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the One Planet Living materials, whether express, implied, statutory, or other. You agree that, to the fullest extent possible, in no event shall we be liable to you for any direct, special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary, or other losses, costs, expenses, or damages arising out of the permissions given in this agreement or your use of the One Planet Living materials, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such losses, costs, expenses, or damages.
- The permission granted to you under this agreement is the right to use the One Planet Living® materials. Please note that any use by you of the One Planet Living materials may still be restricted for other reasons, including because others have copyright or other rights in the materials.
- If you fail to comply with the terms and conditions set out in this agreement, your rights under it will terminate automatically. Where your right to use the One Planet Living® materials has terminated, it will be reinstated automatically provided that either any violation is cured within 30 days of your discovery of the violation or by means of an express written reinstatement by us.
- This agreement lasts for 1 year from the date on which you last published your One Planet Action Plan, or an update on the Plan. Provided that you renew your One Planet Action Plan periodically – at least on or around the anniversary of its initial publication by reporting on the progress that you have made in the previous year) - this agreement shall automatically renew for a further year.
- You will not use ‘One Planet Living’ in the name of your organisation or development as this will cause confusion. If you want to use this term in your name please contact Bioregional.
- If Bioregional recognises your One Planet Action Plan as demonstrating leadership in implementing One Planet Living, you will be provided with relevant logos to use.
- We may change the processes outlined here from time to time and you will be required to follow the new requirements, but we will notify you in advance and give you time to follow them.
- This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English Law and You agree irrevocably to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts and waive any objection to proceedings in such courts on the grounds of venue or on the grounds that the proceedings have been brought in an inconvenient forum.